Colin Johanson, Hugh Norfolk and Joshua Davis sat down at TwitchCon to show off the new Squad UI for commanders that’s coming to Guild Wars 2. This Squad UI is pretty sweet. The image above doesn’t portray the final iteration but shows you the functionality that will be part of the UI. You can use this UI for WvW and PvE for raids & guild missions. Here are the UI features:
- Ready Up functionality
- The ability to split into sub squads
- Supply info (main squad & sub squads)
- Open, Close or Invite only functionality
- Up to 50 viewable players in the UI
- View of squad member health bars (that are in proximity)
Definetly a big plus to the current UI and will be very helpful in both WvW and PvE!
Ok so first, just as a reminder, there will be a WvW stress test this coming Thursday July 9th for selected individuals. I know DocGotGame is in but it’s likely that WvW streamers Reyana and Shinryuku got in as well so be sure to check out their streams.
Now for the latest news! Starting this Friday, July 10th, at noon Pacific till Monday, July 17th, at noon Pacific, there will be a testing weekend! Heart of Thorns pre-purchasers can play as the new Revenant class in the main Guild Wars 2 game. That’s right, you can PvE, PvP and WvW as a Revenant. The Ventari legend and melee staff will be available as well. Everyone will also gain access to Stronghold mode in PvP. The new Mist Champions and the separate queues will also be available! Note all of this is for testing as well as experiencing the content and getting feedback. Don’t be shy about posting your feedback on the forums if you have something to say!
If that’s not enough news for you, next week on Friday July 17th to July 24th is the special WvW event Golem Rush. During the event:
- All siege golems in WvW no longer require supply to construct.
- All siege golems in WvW will deal 100% additional damage to other golems and players.
- All siege golems in WvW will move at 100% additional movement speed.
There will also be a boost available to all called “Mist War Summons” that does the following:
- +15% World Experience Bonus in WvW
- +15% Experience Bonus in WvW
- +50% Magic Find in WvW
Should be a fun two weeks coming for Guild Wars 2 players!