It’s that time again friends! The latest blog post by Colin Johanson reveals that the first beta weekend is upon us and starts Friday, August 7th at noon Pacific and ends on Monday, August 10th at noon Pacific. Anyone who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns will be able to try out the starting area aka Verdant Brink for Heart of Thorns as well as the first story instance. The content in this area will give ArenaNet enough information to gain a good understand of how everything works and to properly update the content that appears later in the expansion. There’s also the following:
– Players can make a character of any profession and any race; you’ll will have access to level 80 gear.
– The Revenant profession will be available as well as the Shiro legend and specialization line. The elite specializations announced will be available as well. That’s Chronomancer, Dragonhunter, Reaper and Tempest
– You may take your beta character into the world of Tyria for PvE, PvP & WvW
– The sPvP Stronghold mode will be available and pre-purchasers will have all 3 Mist Champions unlocked
– The Map Bonus Reward system, which basically rewards players for completing events, will be active so players can experience what it feels like
– Progress for this beta weekend event will be saved for the next beta weekend so you can pick up where you left off
– Players will have 4 beta character slots to play with
Looking For Feedback
ArenaNet want your feedback on all the content they’re letting people play so they can fine tune it or make it better. Is the jungle content not to your liking? Why so? Do you like the feel of Dragonhunter? Do you like the bonus map rewards you’re getting? These are just some of the questions they want player’s feedback on. I encourage you to let yourself be heard on the forums.
If you’re not going to Gamescon, I hope you didn’t make plans for next weekend!