Action Camera Coming To Guild Wars 2
You’ve probably heard about it by now but Guild Wars 2 is getting an action camera. Everyone will have access to it when Heart of Thorns releases. This camera is similar to FPS cameras with a little extra:
- The action camera can be turned on and off via a toggle button (off by default)
- Automatically turns off during cut scenes, dialogue and in-game panels.
- No longer need to hold the right mouse button to look around
- There will be a crosshair
- “Snap Ground Target to Current Target” allows for players to place ground target skills at an active target’s position. There’s a key binding to turn this on and off as needed
- Can explicitly lock/unlock to targets with right click
- Left click fires skill 1; holding it down makes skill 1 fire continuously (can still use keyboard for skill 1). Works with ground targeting as long as you use instant ground targeting
- “Allow Skill Retargeting” allows players to shift a channeled skill to another target prior to it’s attacks. Eg. Ranger’s Rapid Fire can switch to another target.
Check out the blog post by Joel Helmich for more!